With the market being flooded by what are essentially different color variants of the same crappy lightning cable earbuds it is getting confusing for audio lovers to differentiate between fly-by-night schemes and good, honest consumer audio brands.
Luckily for you, the reader, the nerds at Lightningcans.com have no lives (outside of Reddit and scrabble with our mothers) and have sifted through all the scum of the web to find you a truly amazing pair of top-quality earbuds, that, wait for it… feature triple driver construction!
1More Triple Driver Overview
Wait, is this another fly-by-night electronics company with no real website run by some one-eyed pirate out of China? No, it is not. 1More is a consumer electronics startup based out of San Diego California.
Yeah, ok, American, cool, but there are tons of lightning cable earbud options out there, what’s so different about these?
Well, in case you missed the news flash, these are the first set of buds that have 3 drivers inside them, which can make full use of the pure hi-res signal transmitted via the lightning connection.
The 1More’s each contain 2 armatures, which are essentially the “tweeters” of the earbud, and one dynamic driver to back the armatures up with full mids and rumbly lows.
Many earbuds only have one driver, which is tasked with the responsibility of reproducing lows, mids and highs. Often times, at least with sub $300 models, this is simply too much to ask of a single driver.
Features & Specifications
Besides the fact that these little fellas each have 3 drivers in each “bud” (totaling 6), there is also a 5-In-1 controller that lets you make phone calls, run Siri, adjust volume and change tracks without having to take your phone out of your pocket.
The design of the buds themselves is kind of an industrial-minimalist motif, with nice lightweight sandblasted finger-print-proof aluminum alloy for the housing, oblique angled silicon ear fittings for a tight fit, and a strong kevlar-cored cable for long strength.
The outside of the cable is further beefed up with thermoplastic elastomer and a final layer of braided nylon to help fight the dreaded “tangles”.
The cherry on top of all of this is the fact that these earbuds were developed and “tuned” by a Grammy winning sound engineer, Luca Bignardi, for perfect response no matter what type of music you listen to.
The full breakdown of the features are:
- Aluminum Alloy Driver Housing
- MFi certified (a.k.a Apple-approved)
- Built in DAC (digital-analog converter) for true Hi-Res Audio
- 5-Way Control for Calls and Music Navigation
- Kevlar re-enforced cable
The full “tech spec” breakdown looks like this:
- Frequency Range of 20-40,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Rated Power capacity: 5 mW
- Weight: 18 g
- Length (with cable): 1.25 m
- Plug: Apple Lightning connector
- DAC: 24 Bit/48 kHz
- Executive Standard: GB/T 14471-2013
All Triple Drivers also come with 6 sets of replacement silicone tips of varying sizes for a perfect fit, 3 sets of foam ear tips if that is more your cup of tea, a magnetic closing travel case, a beautiful storage case/housing, a dual prong airline adapter for the travelers and last but not least, a shirt clip for those who prefer to take their buds to the gym.
At a suggested price of $149.99 for the lightning version of these buds, factoring in all of the features mentioned above, and the simple and time-tested aluminum housing+kevlar cable design, we think 1More has a real winner on their hands with these.
As a consumer, you would be VERY hard pressed to find a better balance of quality and value! One thing we are curious about though, is whether 1More plans to port their “Quad Driver” earbuds over to a lightning-connection anytime soon…as they also look absolutely stunning!
- LIGHTNING CONNECTOR- As the first triple driver Lightning headphone ever, this MFi certified version of our industry leading multi-award winning Triple Driver In-Ear is perfect for Apple iOS users who demand premium sound quality.
- 5-IN-1 CONTROLLER- Exclusive five-directional button allows you to make crystal clear calls, activate voice control, adjust volume, and change tracks effortlessly.
- THREE DRIVERS + HD DAC- Two balanced armatures (like mini tweeters) + one titanium dynamic driver (like a mini speaker) and a high definition DAC deliver superior definition with lossless clarity.
- PERFECTED ERGONOMICS- Earpieces use oblique angles that naturally match your ear canals for a comfortable secure fit. Additionally, 9 included ear tips sizes ensure a proper seal for ultimate sound clarity and isolation.
- EXPERTLY TUNED- Tuned by Grammy winning sound engineer Luca Bignardi for a fully balanced and detailed soundstage.
If you own a pair of Triple Drivers, let us know in the comments what YOU think of them!
Last update on 2018-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API