Memory…it’s something none of us can ever get enough of.
From internal device storage to cloud storage to the trusty, if not all too often misplaced memory stick.
Well, perhaps “stick” isn’t the best word to describe Kingston’s Bolt 3.0 thumb drive.
- Free up iPhone or iPad Storage Space - Automatically back up your Camera roll
- Familiar interface - Snap hi-res photos & 720p, 1080p, or 4k videos directly to the Bolt. The Bolt camera looks and interacts just like your iPhone or iPad camera
- Portable – Small form factor and included rubber key ring accessory means it’s easy to take with you and can be used with your iPhone or iPad at any time
Because the Bolt 3.0 does double duty as both a traditional USB-memory stick as well as a Lightning-tipped memory stick, it’s size is more of a pick that a stick.
If you find yourself often losing regularly sized thumb drives then this may not be the solution for you as this thing is small, sexy and sleek.
Luckily Kingston provides a keyring holder for the crafty little weasel to help you go a little longer before you lose it.
The Bolt 3.0 comes in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB variants, ranging in price from $34.99, $44.54, and $69.99 respectively.
The Bolt 3.0 is officially an MFi approved product, so that means they got the official nod from Apple to make this thing.
That also means it will work seamlessly with all iPhone models as well as iPads, as long as they have a Lightning port.
Kingston is one of the most dominant players in the portable memory space, and have a solid reputation for quality and service.
So it isn’t much of a surprise that they offer a full 2-year warranty on the Bolt 3 memory stick.
While you’ll need to use Kingstons app to transfer files between iOS and your desktop, we think the Bolt is a FANTASTIC solution for serious mobile photographers and videographers.
Having another 128GB available to record directly on to makes the HD cameras of the new iPhones and iPad really much more practical for serious filmers.
If you have an iPad Pro with a USB-C don’t worry, Kingston has a similarly pragmatic little solution for you called the DataTraveler MicroDuo that has a USB on one end and USB type C on the other.
- Store more - Extra storage for the latest smartphones, tablets, PC and Mac computers with Type-C ports.
- Fast - USB 3.13 performance for speeds up to 100MB/s and 15MB/s write - so you're not waiting for content-rich files to transfer
- Versatile - DT micro Duo 3C works with newer USB Type-C devices such as smartphones and tablets and is also compatible with USB Type-A ports on existing USB host devices.
Filming with just a iPhone XS for example results in internal storage filling up quickly and when cloud storage isn’t always as immediate or readily available as internal storage, the Bolt provides a clutch solution.
Last update on 2020-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API